Welcome to Quip
Quakers uniting in the ministry of the written word through:
- Promotion of Quaker books, journals, blogs, and other media
- Support of Quaker authors, editors, publishers, booksellers, desktop and website publishers
- Annual conferences to share perspectives, skills, concerns, and our faith tradition
- Education about sound, ethical and effective business practices
- Cooperative marketing and publishing
- Assistance to Friends publishing in less affluent areas including Africa and Latin America.
Celebrating Sally RickermanEnjoy some photos and a list of Sally's accomplishments here. Learn about the Sally Rickerman Memorial Fund.
- A Friendly Reading List
***Updated***Friends will find this weighted compilation of about 1,000 current Quaker titles surveyed and ranked by Friendly Librarians according to an individual’s experience with Quaker Meetings very helpful in choosing publications for use in the meeting. To view and download current versions of the list in PDF form go to: A Friendly Reading List
- ~ 2013 Annual Conference ~ Connecting our Quaker Legacy to the Future
Annual Meeting Report by Sarah Hoggatt
Timeline: 30 Years of QUIP prepared to share at the conference.
Value of Quaker Religious Thought and Quaker Theological Discussion Group talk given by T. Vail Palmer, Jr.
- Promoting Quaker Books
Here are two views on promoting Quaker books presented at the 2012 QUIP Annual Conference: Advices on the Promotion of Quaker Books by Christopher Densmore, Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College
Notes on Promoting Publications by Liz Yeats, Administrative Facilitator of QUIP
- William Sessions, prominent British Quaker publisher and founding member of QUIP, died recently at age 97. A great supporter of QUIP, Bill was prominent in the British world of publishing. Read more about Bill Sessions in the York Press.
- ~ 2012 Annual Meeting ~ ON AND BEYOND THE PAGE ~
Annual Meeting Report by Sherryll Harris
- 1900 Letter About Diversity Among Friends Read at 2012 Annual Meeting
Charles Martin, Co-Clerk, welcomed Friends by reading a quote from a letter written to the Friends Intelligencer by his great-great grandfather William Burgess which illustrated that Friends from differing theological viewpoints can get along and worship together and also work together for peace and social justice. He pointed out that QUIP is a contemporary example of what William Burgess reported to Eastern Friends was happening in San Francisco in 1900. Here's the letter: William Burgess Letter
- QUIP Facebook Page and Twitter Active Friends are communicating more often on social media all the time. We now have a QUIP Facebook Group Page and twitter tag @QuakerQuip. Let us know what you are thinking...
- New Quaker Web Publications Friends World Committee has launched a wonderful new on line publication at Voices of Friends which "aims to feed the soul of those who feel an affinity to the beliefs and practices of Quakers and to provide an entry point to understanding Quakerism today in all its diversity". Be sure to take a look. Also, several Friends have developed a website for Quaker writings in Spanish. Raices Cuaqueras – Heredad De Textos lists most of the texts recently translated from English to Spanish including writings of Fox, Pennington, Fell, Barclay and Woolman.
- QUIP Considers: Future Quaker Book Publishing ~ read the article and join the discussion by posting a comment.
Older articles can be found at Whence Quaker Publishing? - read articles and comment on the future of Quaker publishing.
- Report from 2011 QUIP QUAKER WRITERS' CONFERENCE •
NO FRIEND IS AN ISLAND • Quakers exploring connections through writing and publishing
The Woodbrooke, UK, conference concluded 2 May 2011. Read the conference summary by Chel Avery. (also see Vanessa Julye's blog about the conference)
- New International Quaker On-Line Journal: QuakerVoice
QUIP Clerks received an email from Friends in Australia saying that the Australian Friend is developing an online version in which they hope to feature "writers who will reflect on events in their country from a Quaker perspective". Read Invitation to Write for QuakerVoice On-line for more information.
- Visit the New Spirit Rising Web Pages
Spirit Rising: Young Quaker Voices, is available from Quaker Bookstores or by post from QuakerBooks, www.quakerbooks.org.
- WHY JOIN QUIP? Read what Friends Vanessa Julye, Phildalephia, PA, USA and Harriet Hart, London, UK say about attending QUIP Annual Meetings in The Ministry of Words in The Friend.
- PROMOTE NEW TITLES - use this guide to send information about new Quaker related publications for posting on the website and in the Books-In-Print Database. You must be a QUIP member to list titles on the website. All Quaker related titles will be listed in the Books-In-Print Database.
- QUIP FACEBOOK Page - to join the conversation, put "QUIP" into the FACEBOOK search.
- Co-Clerk: Vanessa Julye, 643 Westview Street, Philadelphia, PA 19119 USA (contact)
- Co-Clerk: Peter Daniels, 35 Benthal Road, London N16 7AR, UK (contact)
- Recording Clerk: Nancy Haines, 181 Hayden Rowe Street, Hopkinton, MA 01748 USA
- Treasurer: Gabe Ehri, c/o FJ, 1216 Arch Street, 2A, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
- Assistant Treasurer: Chris Skidmore, 46 Princes Dr, Skipton, North Yorkshire BD23 1HL UK
- Promotions Clerk: Rausie Hobson